4.0 DP4 Dictionary only showing Mac Entries

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 20:54:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Derek
Bump<userevolution at dreamscapesoftware.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to get the built-in dictionary on the 4.0 DP4 release
> to show more than just Mac OS, Mac OS X and Linux entries.  I'm running
> the Developer Preview 4 on Vista and Snow Leopard and both platforms are
> only showing Mac entries in the dictionary.

While there is something strange going on, this is not quite what I see.
Sort the dictionary entries by platform and you will see a bunch of
entries with no specified platform.
Then there are entries labelled "Linux", "Mac OS X" & "Windows" which
seem to be for entries that are unique to a single platform.
Everything else seems to be labelled "MacOS" seen though they are
terms used in every platform e.g. "me".

On a side note, I think using "MacOS" as a platform descriptor is
confusing as people assume it applies to all Mac systems where in fact
it means Mac Classic systems i.e. OS 9 or earlier. I think this needs
to be changed in the docs to clarify this point.

Cheers,
Sarah