Quicktime and the Snow Leopard

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Sep 7 12:03:57 EDT 2009

> which would seem to suggest that if one authors for Mac OS
> 10.6 one cannot really rely on Quicktime as we on Mac 10.4
> and 10.5 understand it. This may impinge on how Revolution
> leverages Quicktime for its multimedia capabilities.

I found this to be interesting:
http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2009/08/mac-os-x-10-6.ars/6

What disturbs me is that Apple hasn't been forthcoming about QuicktimeVR.
Ive read some reports that some things work with Quicktime X player while
others not. There are a number of vertical markets (and a lot of Mac games)
that utilize QTVR.

Some of the new playback features of the player - to me - are non issues.
Apple wants to position its products as the center of your digital
lifestyle, so no stutter full screen playback should be a consistently high
quality on every Apple platform, without dinking you $30 for Pro.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software