6 Year Old Stack Runs Fine as a Revlet

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Sep 6 22:36:24 EDT 2009

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/runrev/dws-youth/

Amazing... built in late 2003 I would be embarrassed to
let anyone see the mess of code that runs this thing...
The beauty of RunRev: any amateur with a little concept
 can still do something quit amazing.

.. I just built a revlet and put it up. it works...

I dare anyone to do this in Flash in the same time
it took me to build the original

(about 18 man hours or so, first draft,
4-5 hours tweaking later over time.)

Caveats:

1) Known issue:

When you click "Begin" the substack opens behind the browser.

So go back and bring it forward. Enjoy the artwork

2) Some sub-stacks have no close button, but only a "quit" ... this
promptly terminates RevWebPlayer, but leaves all the stack "posters" as
artifacts up all over the screen... Not a big problem... just switch to
the browser and close the web page.

Time to dust off the old edu tools and add some sound and interactive
things.

Dreams I had back in 1999-2003 can now be realized...long live
runrev-revtalk.

Sivakatirswami

p.s. ideas on what might be done to enhance this would be more than
welcome. I don't have the mental re-estate right now to build out a
broader functional specification, but it begs for more...please pile on!