Cursor control within a field

Severin Swensen elist at mac.on-rev.com
Sat Sep 5 21:24:36 EDT 2009

Thanks Mark:

select myChunk was what I needed.
here was my final solution for any others who may be interested

on rawKeyUp keycode
    put word 2 of the selectedChunk into cpos
    put word 2 of the selectedline into cline
    select  char 1 of line cline of field "Values"
    put word 2 of the selectedChunk into bpos
    put cpos - bpos into offs
    put line cline of field "Values" into money
    if money is a number then
	... here I do my update of the Values field ...
       select  after char offs of line cline of field "Values"
    end if
end rawKeyUp

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.