The Conference. RE switch

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Sep 5 12:51:41 EDT 2009

I really like to use switch for any logic more than a single if-then-else.
Switch statements, due to their fall-through and default behaviors, can
handle more logic *conditions* than if-then
switch tInput
case 0
case 1
    put tInput after tOut
case 2
   put tInput after tOut
case 3
    put tInput after tOut
    break
case 4
    put tInput after tOut
case 5
    put tInput after tOut
    break
default
    put tInput after tOut
end switch

tInput - tOut

0    ==>  123
1    ==>  123
2    ==>  23
3    ==>  3
4    ==>  45
5    ==>  5
6    ==>  6
7    ==>  7

when one gets used to the structure of a switch statement, it really looks
like it functions, and it's quite simple. Same thing with arrays.

All programming is simple, once one can break it down as smaller ideas put
together as a machine.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://houseofcubes.com/disco.irev