Internet site rules for on-Rev

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 4 06:10:32 EDT 2009

Hi from Paris,

I've been researching information for my internet
site for some years now, and I am soon ready to
go live. I have an on-Rev licence, and am impatient
to reap the fruits of my work. I even wrote a HTML
generator in Transcript, to help me build my pages,
because I couldn't understand DreamWeaver :>)

Several years ago, when they (Who are THEY ?) opened
the suffix .fr, I immediately contacted a company who
reserves site names, and they charge me some small fee
every year, for retaining my site name. I am not sure
if site name reservation is complicated, but then I
suppose that if we all knew how to fill in a few forms,
we would never need lawyers .....

Question : What do I do when I want to use the on-Rev
site for my site location ? Must I continue paying the
yearly fee to this Site Company, or can I short-circuit
them, now that I have a lifetime with on-Rev ?

I imagine that I am not the first to ask this question.

- Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"