revWebInstaller Installation On Windows Confusion

Eddie UseRevolution.04.23.2009 at skippingpebbles.com
Wed Sep 2 16:07:49 EDT 2009

On the Windows platform I use a regular user account for day-to-day use
and elevate my privileges to "admin" as necessary for software
installations, maintenance, etc.  I installed the revWebInstaller as the
"admin", but when logged on as the "user" none of my web browsers
(FireFox 3.5 and IE7) saw that the plug-in was installed (i.e. same
prompt appears as if you do not have the plug-in).  Logging in as the
"admin" works just fine and that account sees the plug-in as being
installed.  I ran revWebInstaller under my "user" account and things
seem to work properly now, but I am confused by this behavior.  Is the
revWebInstaller supposed to "install" for just the user who runs the
installer or all users?