Who's using what dbs?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 15:35:25 EST 2009

Sorry if I'm late to reply - but you might find it useful anyway :-)
My choice of database is primarily based on its ACID-compliance, rather than price. Having fixed many a datafile in FoxPro, I find the robustness of the database extremely important.

For client-side or embedded database, SQLite is the obvious choice.
For server-side, I would go for PostgreSQL, unless the customer already has an Oracle installed.

SQLite drivers ship with Rev 2.8.1 and later for MacOSX, Windows and Linux. PostgreSQL drivers ship with Rev since version 2.0, for all platforms.
Oracle requires revEnterprise; but there is unfortunately no driver for Intel-bvased Macs, so you'll have to create a PowerPC app to run under Rosetta.

Jan Schenkel
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====