Interesting blog post - comments anyone?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 15:38:53 EST 2009

> IMHO, a good things would be to describe what is the purpose of this slashdot thing, no?
>
> The few times I have I have visited the site, the posts seemed as strange to me as when my elder son talks biotechnology to me.
>
> But maybe this what make revolution different from what those people (i.e. /dot) are interested in?
>
> "The most deaf of men is the one who will not listen"
>
> François

Very well said indeed!

Many years ago I went to Durham (England) to study Philosophy; after we
had been studying what
dead and half-dead philosophers had been writing and saying for about 2
years Mary Midgley came
down from Newcastle, walked straight into one of our lectures and said:

"Why don't you just DO philosophy instead of all this dull stuff?"

She has been one of my heros ever since:

http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/hmc.html