Date formats around the world

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Nov 28 20:25:35 EST 2009

stephen barncard wrote:

 > 2009/11/28 Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com>
 >
 >> How do folks deal with storing dates when the formats around the
 >> world vary so much?
 >
 > To ensure compatibility among platforms and countries;
 > use the seconds as the stored time data, then convert on the fly at
 > showtime. The dates and times should "just work" and formatted as
 > they are set by the user.

I like using the seconds and did so for many year, but recently I've had
  to deliver stuff for teams working across time zones, and I found that
because the internet time preserves the time zone determining which
time/date is earlier than another is more accurate when the data comes
from different time zones.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World