Revolution is on Slashdot...

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 05:21:20 EST 2009

The main thing about slashdot is that the vast majority of the
commenters don't even read any article that forms the basis for the
discussion.  Slashdotters even have their own acronym for this
behaviour.

One can't expect them to even look at www.runrev.com.  A minority of
those commenters  _might_ have read the original short article on
zdnet.  It's because of such behaviour on slashdot that I rarely visit
that site anymore.  Instead I've been using news.ycombinator.com to
find discussions on interesting technology items for the last few
years.

I think that one can take comfort from the fact that slashdotters are
not the target audience for Rev.  But I'm sure that having Rev
referenced on both slashdot and zdnet will provide useful publicity.
After all, when I first found out by Rev it was entirely by accident.
I was astonished that it was not already well-known.

Here we are almost a decade later, and there's still nothing to rival Rev.

Bernard