Re-2: Join the debate

runrev260805 at m-r-d.de runrev260805 at m-r-d.de
Fri Nov 27 18:18:44 EST 2009

Richmond, you are right with snobbery.

In the 80s i trained as a programmer (dual education system - no  university education). I programmed Cobol under BS2000, C under Xenix 86 and AT&T Unix System V. Later Pascal under Windows.
But we were always sneered by the guys which studied informatics, because they thought that only they are real programmers.  But even between us "dual education system" programmers there were
such discussions. The  younger C programmers, who did not learn older languages like Cobol, always grin at us "older" ones, when we still were programming things in cobol.

I gave up to defend myself, why i am using a specific language.

I for me used the programming language, which i thought was the best for the needs of each single project. And i am still doing so.

Because of that, i also worked with Asymetrix Toolbook, mFactory´s mTropolis and Macromedia´s Director in the past and now with Revolution Enterprise.

Although i am not perfect in revTalk, i am much faster then in any other language.
I am learning more and more each time i am working with Rev.

I am aware, that i cannot do everything in Rev, but that´s okay.
But the thing that can be done in Rev, can be done fast and with satisfaction.

And please do not forget the outstanding maling list. One can learn so much, just following it.
The people help each other regardless if a newbie or a professional is asking.  No inulsts, no "RTFM" comments. But whom do i tell....
This list definitely increases the value of Revolution.

Switching over to Revolution was one of the best decisions i have ever made (except marrying my wife and getting father, of course ;-) )

I am just sorry, that i did not switch earlier to Revolution.

Regards,

Matthias