Message Box History

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 25 17:43:17 EST 2009

DunbarX wrote:

> Once again, since I cannot remember anything anymore, where are this and
> similar underground goodies documented?

Many of them aren't; I'm still waiting for a leak on all the options for
the _internal command.

But there's a lot of good stuff in the Engine Change Log, down in the
section toward the bottom labeled "Currently Unsupported Feature".

Here's one related to the Message Box that's kinda cool if you need it:

the revMessageBoxRedirect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This global property allows you to configure what happens when the value
of the 'msg' pseudo-variable changes.

When set to empty, the old behaviour will be used.

When set to the long id of a field, the old behaviour is replicated but
instead of 'msg' being put into field 1 of card 1 of stack "Message
Box", it is put into the target field. (Note that this form will also
cause the field's stack to be modeless'ed and raised).

When set to the long id of a non-field object, the specified object will
receive a 'msgChanged' message meaning that you have complete control
over what to do with the updated value of 'msg'.

NB. This property is only available in the IDE engine.

  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World