Connecting directly to On-Rev SQL

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Nov 22 17:04:58 EST 2009

One can create any number of MySQL databases in the ON-REV control panel.
This arrangement is typical of ISP hosted MySQL servers:  One has to set up
each new database through the control panel, One cannot create new databases
from within a MySQL instance here.  One can create as many tables as one
likes, however. The GUI is strange and alien and it takes a few stabs to get
it right. One must create the database first  then add users.   There's an
option to set the IP numbers allowed  for individual users.

the "host name"    is    <your-on-rev-handle-here>.on-rev.com
                                                                       ^
                                                                      dot
username is                <your-on-rev-handle-here>_<database-username>
                                                                       ^

 underscore
password is                <your password>

sqb

I sure used the word ONE a lot.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco