knowing if a printer is connected

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Sat Nov 21 16:53:02 EST 2009

Hi,

In English work, but in Spanish and others languages don't.

The result of the shell command is:
destino por omision del sistema: HP_Photosmart_C4200_series

So we must check for the ":" and get the printer name.

   set itemdel to ":"
   put item 2 of shell("lpstat -d") into tDefaultPrinter

function getDefaultPrinter
  put word 4 of shell("lpstat -d") into tDefaultPrinter
  --   shell returns:  system default destination: HP_DESKJET_845C
  replace "_" with space in tDefaultPrinter
  return tDefaultPrinter
end getDefaultPrinter

The getActivePrinter get all the USB devices. In my case, my LaCie disk, the
iPhone, the DataTraveler and the HP printer.. How to filter between them?

Salut,
Josep