knowing if a printer is connected

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 07:21:22 EST 2009

Yeah, I discovered that one already. Many different ways of getting
the printers that are in the system preferences printing panel. But
apparently no way of telling which one is actually connected and
"live." It's hard to believe that the system is unaware of this piece
of info until a print job is actually sent to the driver. I keep
thinking there must be a way, via a shell function at the very least.
But maybe not.... Any other ideas before I give up on this?

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig