Looking for a defined path to learn Rev (for new users)

René Micout rene.micout at numericable.com
Thu Nov 19 05:03:29 EST 2009

Le 17 nov. 09 à 21:22, Alejandro Tejada a écrit :

> This training should be offered in teacher's native language.
> Although, revTalk should be keep
> as an English-like programming language, without trying to
> translate commands, functions, handlers,
> messages and tokens to another languages. (Different of Apple
> Computer, that actually localized
> HyperTalk to many languages)

It was not a good thing (the translation of HyperCard), the
difference between me (french) and an english or american that's
RevTalk is not "english" language but "programming" language and it
is an advantage that RevTalk is not in french, there is no (almost)
confusion between RevTalk (command, functions, etc.) and my part of
code..

> Thanks in advance for your comments!

For the rest I have no comment, I am a curious guy and I have a
little trouble understanding people who lack curiosity...
I started with HyperCard in 1987 and gradually I made progress, it
took time because it's not my job (and I have neither received any
training in computers or programming), but satisfaction is so great
when you reach the goal you had set (even if the first solution found
is not the best).

Bons souvenirs de Paris
René