"How to do this in a Revlet?" thread Part 3

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:18:55 EST 2009

Hi Scott,

This scripts works great when the image ratio magnification is
2:1, 3:1 and 4:1. Not tested beyond that magnification size.

Definitely, dimensions of fullsize image are a key factor in the
smoothness of magnifier scroll movement.

Pixelation is highly visible when i double the size of fullimage
from 1024 to 2048. This could be easily corrected simply
changing this fullimage for another of higher resolution.

Probably, if we hide the bitmap image and shows a vector drawing
while the user moves the mouse, the scroll should be really smooth,
no matter the cpu and memory. Then, when the user release the
mouse (on mouseup) we hide the vector drawing and shows again
the bitmap image.

Thanks again for sharing this mind (and eye) opener stack!

Alejandro