Snow Leopard kills all document-based standalones?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 17 14:37:51 EST 2009

We've had some discussion here about the Rev IDE breaking under Snow
Leopard; specifically, in v3.5 double-clicking a .rev file would launch
Rev okay but Rev wouldn't open the file.

IIRC at the heart of the problem was that the file paths passed to the
app in the odoc event were in a different format than before, so any
attempt to use those would result in a "can't find file" error.

This is reportedly fixed in v4.0, but for one of my apps I'd like to see
if I can fix this with the v3.5 engine.

Unfortunately, Ken and I walked through a few different scenarios this
morning and can no longer replicate the problem with v3.5.

It may be useful to note that the system we tested on is running OS X
10.6.2, but nothing in Apple's release notes suggest they've fixed the
issue on their end.

So my questions for you folks are:

- Anyone here experience this in your own standalones?

- Do you have a recipe for reproducing it?

- Either way, which version of Snow Leopard are you running?

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World