Other opinions in other places

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:09:26 EST 2009

I don't know who is reading the following:

apart from Mark Schonewille and Jacqueline Landman Gay, who has
any "clout" in the RunRev department.

There is a fairly pointed criticism levelled at the folks at RunRev
compared with Supercard; which, from my own point of view, I
can see seems to be at least partly true.

Worth a read; and it needs to be "shoved under the noses" of
the RunRev folks if they are unaware of it.

Things seem to break down into 3 main areas of complaint:

1. Supercard is more stable and reliable than RunRev

and, as 'Diabolus causidicus' I would have to point out that RunRev is
multiplatform
while Supercard is not.

2. RunRev makes real or implied (this is an old 'bone' as "implied"
probably lies
    rather more in the mind of the reader than the writer) promises
which they
    fail to keep.

    This is where I tend to agree having recently fallen foul of  Unicode
    capabilities and embedded fonts in revlets.

3. The RunRev website is not very "sexy" in terms of pulling in non-RunRev
     folks.

I, honestly think that the RunRev site is a whole lot better than the
Supercard
one, which looks a bit 'nursery-schoolish' to me.