RevWeb oddities

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 12:13:44 EST 2009

Hi David,

David Glasgow wrote:

> [snip]
> I don't really have a sense whether I should be trying to find
> workarounds to the above, or whether they are glitches to be
> expected.  Makes me realise that I had learned more about desktop OSs
> than I was aware of, because having avoided webby stuff for years, I
> haven't really got a clue as to where to start  :-(

I feel exactly in the same position...

Did i had to learn javascript and all the web languages, like
PHP, Perl, Python, etc. to make the most effective use
of the RevWeb plugin? Only thinking about it, make me feel
overhelmed.

For example, to read and write data to a mySQL database
in a web server using a stack running inside the RevWeb plugin,
Should we use intermediary scripts from other languages,
that do the actual read and write to this database, and
then use this stack only to display data?

Are my concerns justified?

Alejandro