[ANN] tText - a text editor you extend with Revolution plugins

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Mon Nov 16 23:08:21 EST 2009

NOTE: I meant to post this on Friday and seem to have failed. Don't
want to be annoying, but having a text editor you can extend with
Revolution is something many of us have wanted. So here's the post I
meant to make...

There's the post on our blog with the video showing our new text
editor, tText's--and its Plugin Manager:

http://reveditor.com/feature-friday-part-3-extend-ttext-with-plugi

I especially like the segment in this Feature Friday (Nov 13) video
where the plugin places its results in a new tab! It's my fav feature—
and requires only a one line call to the tText API.

What you saw in the video is true: you can write your own plugin
extensions to our great new text editor tText—do it right in
Revolution! And there's a handy Plugin Manager that makes the process
painless and super easy. It even opens your plugin in Rev for you.
Just put tText next to the version of Rev you want to use.

Check this out:
- Create, delete, rename and launch your plugin in Revolution via the
Plugin Manager.
- Add any existing stack to tText and start using it as a plugin, too!
- Reorder your plugins via drag-and-drop to change the way they appear
in tText's Plugins menu.
- You get two sample plugins with the product. Code open and easy to
mod.

Remember:
- plugins are separate stacks—not substacks of the tText app.
- Plugins are individual stack files residing in a folder.
- Even the Plugin Manager is a plugin!

Best,

Jerry Daniels

The latest Rev Editor Video: