Getting the line number from "on menupick" already

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 11:09:53 EST 2009

Actually, tab menus, option menus and combo boxes can't have hierarchical submenus - even if you can enter tabs in their text, which would result in hierarchical menus for any other menu mode.
Tab menu and option menu buttons are the only ones that have a reliable 'menuHistory' property, as they're meant to both select and display a user's _single_ choice from a list.
Combo boxes are special in that you should work with the 'label' property to fetch the user-entered data - the 'menuHistory' is whatever was picked last from the menu, but that's not a guarantee if the user typed something else in the 'field' part of the combo box.
For all other purposes, one should only rely on the 'menuPick' message parameter, which can be either the visible name of the menu item, or its tag, if you choose to use tags (which is very much recommended)

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====