OT: what is "AW"

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Fri Nov 13 03:09:42 EST 2009

Jacques Hausser <jacques.hausser at unil.ch> wrote:

> if people from California or Germany answer "Rép:" on my Swiss-french Mac,
> that means they are also using Apple's mail ? Well, they are a large
> majority...

Héhé... je n'avions point vu cela !
Ici, sur mon Mail fr-fr ;-) la réponse est précédée d'un ... "Réf. : "
!! Encore pire ;->

Nope, I didn't saw that!
Here, on my fr-fr Mail ;-) the answer (response?) is preceded by a ...
"Réf. : " !! That's worse ;->

That's an interessant discussion...
The tool one uses affect their insight ;-)
[if you only have a hammer...]

I'm using a news reader to read the mailing lists, as you can see in the
message headers, it is "MacSOUP", an old remnant of times before Mac OS
X!
* by the way, note that the author is a German -- and he still uses the
"Re: " scheme to answer ;-))
MacSOUP is superior to other news readers, in that one can _see_ a
graphic visualisation ot the discussion threads!

And also see how Mail clients* often break the threads ;->
and explain why sometimes a guy suddenly debuts a new discussion in the
middle of another!

* not to speak of web clients ;->>