Revolution Media 4.x and Revolution Player 3.x

Dom mcdomi at free.fr
Thu Nov 12 17:44:15 EST 2009

Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> With revMedia 4.0 being free, why would we still need a Player?

Agreed -- but with a caveat:
you talk of persons who are computer-litterate...

Think about a person, scared with computers, to which you give a
stack... and ?
a whole development package??

Or a classroom, as Richmond says!

Maybe, also, the question is beginning to go obsolete -- who, nowadays,
still gives stacks to other persons? on a disc*, perhaps?

A bunch of years ago, I put some HyperCard (and MetaCard) stacks on the
web, along with a "Player" or StackRunner (before the epoch where an
official one was available)

It seems to that RunRev is going to evolve to the net -- and it's good
:-)
Sure, with a revlet immediately available on the net, there is no need
for a Player ;-)

* Apple recently clarified the difference between a "disc" and a "disk"
;-)