Limit Photo Size on Upload

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Nov 6 14:46:41 EST 2009

Jim Ault wrote:

> One solution is use form validation in the browser before sending.
> Here is a link to the Apple developer site showing a javascript example.
>       http://developer.apple.com/internet/webcontent/validation.html
> Also, try Googling "html form validation" for hundreds of sites with info.
>
> If a Rev plugin is present, you could use Rev to check the size

Though I try to stay away from JS as much as i can, looks very useful.
Only thing is: I don't see a function there to check file size, and
further research indicates that JS security constraints bar JS from
reading the file size and one can only do this with an ActiveX thing in
  I.E.

So, it's back to a server side input data check...or

I'll be patient and wait until next week and implement as a revlet and
then it will be easy. This will also constrain input from only those who
trust us, which is an excellent "screening" that the revlet security
provides.