"set the externals" routine for enchanced QT no longer working

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Nov 5 11:54:25 EST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Richard Miller wrote:

> Used to work fine. But that's not important. What do you suggest I
> do to get it working now? I'd prefer to have one standalone file.
> That was the reason for putting the binary data into the custom
> property to begin with... to avoid a separate DLL file to download.

I'm not sure how it could of worked unless the engine has an
undocumented feature whereby it can load the binary data of an
external. If it does then that would be very cool. I've never heard of
that before though.

> Sounds like you are saying the below routine would work fine if I
> simply included the DLL as a separate file and avoided the custom
> property/variable approach.

You have to point 'the externals' property to a file on disk. You
could try spitting out your binary data into a file in the temp
directory and then assigning the externals property of the stack to
that temp file.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems