search for regular expression in text and put the results into an array

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 23:46:00 EST 2009

I don't use the xml library to do the simple tag processing for three
types of tags
Chunk expressions are so fast that I get better speed and control of
the data parsing.

------- Use these steps to get started----

on test
    replace cr with empty in xmlBlock
    replace quote with "'" in xmlBlock  --(apostrophe ' char)
    --now you can use quote expressions without worries
    --   such as in the next line
    replace "<statuses type='array'>" with (cr & "<statuses
type='array'>") in xmlBlock
    filter xmlBlock with "<statuses type='array'>*"

    put 0 into statusCount
    repeat for each line statusArrLine in xmlBlock
       replace "<status>" with (cr & "<status>") in statusArrLine
       replace "</status>" with ("</status>" & cr) in statusArrLine
       filter statusArrLine with "<status>*"

       repeat for each line statusTag in statusArrLine
          replace "<status>" with empty in statusTag
          replace "</status>" with empty in statusTag
          --now we have the data only, and on a single line
          add 1 to statusCount
          put statusTag into storArray[statusCount]

       end repeat
    end repeat

    --> statusCount = total
    --> storArray[num] = strings storage