postgresql question

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Nov 1 13:28:40 EST 2009

Mark-

Sunday, November 1, 2009, 2:57:59 AM, you wrote:

> It sounds like something that should probably be handled in the revDB
> library.

Update and resolution:

I sniffed the network traffic and found that the library is indeed
handling the md5 encryption properly for me. I was trying to hand the
revOpenDatabase command an encrypted password and the library was
encrypting it again. So the following works whether the server is
configured for "trust" or "md5":

put revOpenDatabase("postgresql", kServer, kDB, kUser, kPassword) into tDB

and looking at the network traffic shows that the library is
encrypting the password based on the salt value received from the
server.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net