Relayer Groups Within Group?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri May 29 13:01:20 EDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Thanks Trevor.  I figured out a solution that relies on editing the
> parent
> group, but I'm curious about how your script works.  You appear to
> employ
> relayerGroupedControls but in everything I tried, it didn't seem
> possible to
> keep nested groups intact while relayering them.  How does your script
> accomplish this?

You have to get a little tricky with how you reorder when groups are
involved. When relayering a child control you have to build a list of
all controls that are siblings and then set the layer of each to the
layer of the parent group + 1 until all of the siblings are in the
order you want. But using the layer of the parent group + 1 the
ordering doesn't get messed up.

The handler that does this in the stack I posted is SetLayerWithinGroup.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems