Relayer Groups Within Group?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri May 29 09:13:21 EDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 4:27 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Has anyone discovered a way to relayer nested groups up and down by
> a single
> level?  I've found scripts in old email that are supposed to move
> groups to
> the top or bottom of the parent group, which is straightforward, and
> tried
> Chipp Walter's Layer Tool plugin, but this doesn't appear to work on
> groups.
> In fact, Rev itself doesn't appear to be able to relayer subgroups
> up and
> down within a group -- only to the front or back.  Setting the
> relayerGroupedControls only serves to make a mishmash out of the
> subgroups.
>
> So is this impossible to do?

Yes, it is possible. I just uploaded a stack to RevOnline that has
some handlers that will relayer controls while protecting hierarchy.
The handlers included in the stack script:

MoveControlAfterControl
MoveControlBeforeControl
MoveControlToBeginningOfGroup
MoveControlToBeginningOfParent
MoveControlToEndOfGroup
MoveControlToEndOfParent
MoveControlTowardsBackOfParent
MoveControlTowardsBeginningOfParent
SetLayerWithinGroup
SetLayerWithinParentGroup

You should be able to accomplish just about any sort of reordering you
would want with one of the above handlers.

Look for "Relayer Selected Control" in the Utility category. I *think*
the handlers in the stack script are the latest versions. If you run
into any problems let me know.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore