selecting multiple lines in a field with arrow keys

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 28 15:22:07 EDT 2009

mfstuart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to hilite multiple lines in a scrolling field with the arrow keys
> (up or down), the same way as doing it with the mouse (while holding down
> the shiftKey).
> The field has the multipleHilites and the noncontiguousHilites both checked.
> Also the field is locked, and the Focusable is checked.
>
> Using the mouse while holding down the shiftKey I can select multiple lines,
> but using the arrow keys while holding down the shiftKey does not allow
> selecting multiple lines.
>
> Q: How do I do the latter?

Verified. Shift-arrow key doesn't do what click-shift does. I think
you'll have to write an arrowkey handler for the field to do what you
want. It would get the hilitedlines of the field, add the mouseline to
the list, and reselect all the lines. I didn't actually try it but it
may work. Unfortunately it also may flash as the hiliting changes, which
wouldn't be so good.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com