Correct Rev File Association?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 28 12:01:02 EDT 2009

Paul Gabel wrote:

 > On May 27, 2009, at 5:35 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> Scott Rossi wrote:
 >>> A customer of mine is reporting that his Mac system is currently
 >>> treating stacks as standalone apps: double-clicking a stack in
 >>> the Finder launches the stack as a standalone app without Rev's
 >>> IDE.  The problem appears to be a file-association issue.  Looking
 >>> in the Get Info window for the stack shows "Standalone (default)"
 >>> as the default application under "Open with:".
 >>> Changing this to any version of Rev and clicking "Change All..."
 >>> fails to stick (reverts back to Standalone).
 >>> Is there a way to force-update the default app without reinstalling
 >>> Rev or resorting to a 3rd party tool?
 >>
 >> It may be unrelated to the Rev install.
 >>
 >> Does he have a standalone on his HD named "Standalone"?
 >
 > No he doesn't.

If the Finder isn't honoring the setting established in Get Info, it
sounds like just another Finder bug.  I would defer to Jacque's advice:

   If the customer doesn't need to build standalones, he could try
   zipping the OS X apps inside the Runtime folder. That may force
   the Finder to "see" other copies of "Revo".

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World