Property problem

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed May 27 23:19:03 EDT 2009

I don't know, Jacque. There are about sixty-odd properties in a new button,
and almost all have values: rects, hilites, borderWidths, etc. None have
been set by anyone, and many cannot have been inherited from the card (which
would be its owner) and which are not properties of a card anyway. It was
just those three, all basic text properties.

Virgin fields have these three text properties (again, textSize, textFont,
textStyle) at the getgo. Not buttons.

But most telling is that the three properties are gettable when just one is
set. In the property inspector, all three are blank initially, though there
certainly is a value for each; they just are not listed. Setting one
(textSize, say) still shows blank for, say, textFont. Yet all of them are gettable
right afterwards.

It is really screwing up a task I am trying to work out. I need to get
these properties, and I cannot assume that my target buttons will have been
massaged. My workaround is to check whether the properties are   blank, and if
so, set them to what I assume are the default, at creation, values. I guess
this will be OK.

Thanks,

Craig