Screen capture video

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun May 24 20:47:30 EDT 2009

Sarah Reichelt <sarah.reichelt at ...> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there any way to use Rev's video capture commands to record a
> screen capture movie?
> If not, what do people use for this? (Mac only).
> I don't need a lot of power, just the ability to grab a video of a
> section of the screen for about 4 minutes.
> It doesn't need to capture audio, but I want to be able to edit the
> captured video in iMovie when finished.
>
> TIA,
> Sarah

I use Snapz Pro x from Ambrosia software.
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/
It captures the screenand can capture the Mac's audio and the
microphone audio.

The captures are smooth.  I capture demonstrations of a Rev
application that plays quicktime video in a player and the capture
of the video within the player comes out well.
I also use the Universal Access Zoom command to zoom in
on features of my application's UI and it also handles that smoothly.

Martin