How to prevent a stack from loading twice (in Linux)

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 23 05:58:36 EDT 2009

Jan,

Yes, I found relaunch and tried it, and the docs seem to be right, it does
not seem to work in Linux.  If reload is confined to the stack currently
running, then its at least clear why that too does not work.

So is there no way of stopping a user from loading the app, and then loading
it again, and trying to run both copies at once, maybe alternately, and then
looking at you with a mixture of dismay and guilt when it doesn't seem to be
working right?

If its all down to the users following instructions, we are indeed up the
creek with no paddle!

Peter