Launching .rev files on WinXP

Bill Andersen andersen at mwdental.com
Fri May 22 15:13:01 EDT 2009

> 1) Open Windows Explorer
> 2) Select Tools > Folder Options from the pulldown menu
> 3) Click on the File Types tab
> 4) hilite the REV Extension (typing REV will locate the line)
> 5) Click the 'Advanced' button
> 6) Select the 'Open' action and click the 'Edit...' button
> Now...
> In the 'Application used to perform action:' field, browse to the rev
> folder for which version of RunRev you want launched for ALL .rev files.
> The result of editing this, should look like this:
>
>    "C:\Program Files\Revolution Studio\3.5.0-gm-2\Revolution.exe" "%1"
>
> The "%1" parameter is the file that is being selected to open by you.

Mark,

  Yes, that worked great.  Thank you.

  The weird part is, the "Advanced" button didn't show up at first.  The
  button was actually "Restore".  There was a note that said the ".rev"
  files would be using the application for ".rav" and I could click restore
  to set it back to the default ".rev"  Man, I have no idea how that
happened.

  Thanks

Bill