setting fld with HTML: "<H3>Title</H3>" results in added empty lines

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 16:02:12 EDT 2009

Mark, try
------------
on mousedoubleUp
   put "<H3>This is the title</H3>" into tText
   put "This is the second line" after tText
   set the htmlText of fld 1 to tText

   put the htmltext of fld 1 into msg

   get the htmlText of fld 1
   replace "<p></p>" with empty in it
   set the htmlText of fld 1 to it
end mousedoubleUp

----------------------

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

On May 21, 2009, at 12:48 PM, mfstuart wrote:

> Hi all,
> (hopefully, the html tags I'm using in this message don't get lost in
> transit)
>
> Here goes:
> When I use the following script to populate a field, the first 2 lines
> before the "<H3>" text and the line after the "</H3>" text are empty.
> What's up with that?
>
> ##
> on mouseUp
>   put "<H3>This is the title</H3>" into tText
>   put "This is the second line" after tText
>   set the htmlText of fld 1 to tText
> end mouseUp
> ##
>
> To clean the field up after the above script, I use the following:
> delete line 1 to 2 of fld 1  --removes first 2 blank lines
> delete line 2 to 2 of fld 1  --removes blank line after "<H3>" text
>
> I've set the properties of the field to the following:
> textHeight = 17
> fixedLineHeight = unchecked (false)
> These help to better proportion the text height with using the
> "<H3>" tags.
>
> Q: so why would RunRev put these blank lines in using the "set
> htmlText"
> command?
> It seems setting the field property is enough to set the style of
> the field
> correctly.
>
> Q: anyone got a better idea how to handle using "<H3>" text, without
> blank
> lines?

Jim Ault
jimaultwins at yahoo.com