[OT] Opinions about On-Rev

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Wed May 20 18:35:22 EDT 2009

Hey Alex,

You'll need to register a domain name with a registrar - many people
here have recommended GoDaddy, which is what I use. Let's say you
register "alextweedly.com" Then you edit the Nameserver setting with the
registrar so that it points to On-Rev with the info that On-Rev
provides, which is probably:

ns1.on-rev.com
ns2.on-rev.com

Then you can create an "Add-on" domain in your On-Rev control panel with
the name you registered. Place your web site files in this new
directory. Within a short while everything should sync up and requests
for "alextweedly.com" will bring visitors to your On-Rev hosted site.
And with On-Rev you can host unlimited sites.

A "freebie" you get with On-Rev is a user space with your account name,
like "alextweedly.on-rev.com". You can host a site at this address
without further registration.

HTH,
Marty Knapp