Arrays instead of Sql

Tom Cole tom.cole at asu.edu
Mon May 18 20:30:35 EDT 2009

I've heard that instead of using a backend like sql to manage a
database, I could stay in Revolution and use arrays. I know nothing of
arrays.

I've written here before about a bird database I have. Several times.
Forgive.

I just have a few items in a record:
birdname,birdnotes,place,placenotes,date  However, there are about
18000 birds (records) and I've got them all in one field in Rev now
and it's too slow to sort.

If I have to learn sql and so on, this may never get done, but if I
stay in my familiar Rev environment I will be off and running. Is
there a sample database stack where someone has used arrays to store
the data for fast retrieval or some related script to help me learn
how arrays could be used?

How can I place those records in arrays and then draw data to make
cool sorts and views?  I'm not new at all to Rev; only to arrays.

I just need ideas on how to sort the data fast.

Thanks (again!)
Tom in Arizona