Reducing image file sizes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 18 14:47:43 EDT 2009

I have a customer project that displays scanned images and photos of
varying dimensions. These files are usually huge, with formatted sizes
in thousands of pixels. I need a way to change the image resolution, or
otherwise reduce the file size, so that the images can be rewritten to
disk with a much smaller footprint in order to fit them on a single CD.
But I need to preserve the original dimensions in inches, so that they
will still print at their actual, original size. I think I need to
determine the original resolution so that I can calculate the dimensions
in inches, right? Is there a way to get that?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com