ODBC - Can use file DSN in Rev?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:40:09 EDT 2009

Scott, are you sure you want a fileDSN?  The issue in the forum thread
you refer to is about connecting to Access i.e. connecting to a
database as a local file, not a database server.

The person who had the problem in that initial thread then posts a
subsequent thread where he talks about connecting using a system DSN
using a UNC path.  Again, this is probably Access-specific.

Unless you are talking about a situation where you are going to be
installing DB2 on every user's local PC, I don't think you mean a
fileDSN.  In fact, I would say that a fileDSN is a distinctly unusual
way to use ODBC.

Bernard