[OT] Website

Stephen Cox stephen at networkxfla.com
Wed May 13 21:30:51 EDT 2009

Take a look at Squarespace @ http://www.squarespace.com/

Starts at 8 dollars a month. It's a kick ass service. Has the best CSS
implementation I've ever seen. You design your whole site at their site by
moving pieces around the sreen. And it's all done in a browser.

It's also compatible with everything. So there is no data lock with these
guys. I've turned lot on to them and not heard a bad thing yet.

Free usually means crap. Every free service I've seen either has ads, forces
you to add a link-farm page, or has such low/slow designed to get you to pay
for better. Not worth the trouble when you can get something like
Squarespace for so little.

On 5/13/09 2:17 PM, "Richmond Mathewson" <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Have finally transferred my website here:
>
> http://richmond.b0x.com/
>
> for what its worth.  For people with a lot of free time on their
> hands there is a link to my 1995 Master's Thesis in Cognitive Linguistics.
> AND, for the record, you should be able to download the file without
> joining the Yahoo group where it is stored. I will try to reset all
> my Yahoo groups so that resources can be downloaded in this way.
>
> At least in this way I can circumvent the old versu new revOnline problem
> until I am the owner of a version of RR that can access the new version.
>
> HOWEVER, that is not the point of this posting.
>
> I was recommended a number of websites by members of
> this Use-list - for which, a big Thank You! I am, confined to a free
> website, however.
>
> The most interesting suggestion was:
>
> http://www.tripod.lycos.com/
>
> when one clicks on the FREE option one is directed to a page that
> just states this:
>
> "402 Payment Required
>
> This service requires payment, contact the server administrator to make
> arranements for
> payment and have the service provisioned. You will need to provide the
> following information:
>
> Your full name
> Your email address
> Contact Telephone number
> Click your browser's back button to locate help for this service."
>
> I have trawled through a further 20 services that are supposedly free,
> but, somewhere
> along the line they ask for your Credit/Debit card details.
>
> The free web-hosting I have ended up with haven't tried any financial
> trick on me, yet;
> but FREE is as FREE does; no ZIP files and no PDF files. I am prepared
> to put up with those
> restrictions for the ease and price of a free website.

Stephen Cox
Chief geek | Networkx | networkxfla.com