[OT] Foreign journalism [was Politics and Programming]

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Wed May 13 15:06:27 EDT 2009

since this is going way OT, I seize the opportunity to ask if any of
the respectable readers of this mailing list happen to read newspapers
like France's Courrier International (which has "foreign" editions,
BTW). The principle is that this newspaper does a rather heavy
extensive review of titles in the international press, make a
selection every week and translates the articles in french (or any
relevant local language for 'foreign" editions). The coverage  is more
or less equally shared between continents, which means that "number of
pages on the americas" is similar to "number of pages on africa" etc..
I have read it for more than a dozen years and found it very
stimulating.

As you can see on http://www.courrierinternational.com/ , the latest
cover subject is the rise of women in India.

Cheers from Paris
	François