[OT] Website

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:17:00 EDT 2009

Have finally transferred my website here:

http://richmond.b0x.com/

for what its worth.  For people with a lot of free time on their
hands there is a link to my 1995 Master's Thesis in Cognitive Linguistics.
AND, for the record, you should be able to download the file without
joining the Yahoo group where it is stored. I will try to reset all
my Yahoo groups so that resources can be downloaded in this way.

At least in this way I can circumvent the old versu new revOnline problem
until I am the owner of a version of RR that can access the new version.

HOWEVER, that is not the point of this posting.

I was recommended a number of websites by members of
this Use-list - for which, a big Thank You! I am, confined to a free
website, however.

The most interesting suggestion was:

http://www.tripod.lycos.com/

when one clicks on the FREE option one is directed to a page that
just states this:

"402 Payment Required

This service requires payment, contact the server administrator to make
arranements for
payment and have the service provisioned. You will need to provide the
following information:

Your full name
Your email address
Contact Telephone number
Click your browser's back button to locate help for this service."

I have trawled through a further 20 services that are supposedly free,
but, somewhere
along the line they ask for your Credit/Debit card details.

The free web-hosting I have ended up with haven't tried any financial
trick on me, yet;
but FREE is as FREE does; no ZIP files and no PDF files. I am prepared
to put up with those
restrictions for the ease and price of a free website.