LibURL Puzzlement

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed May 13 08:23:08 EDT 2009

On 12 May 2009, at 22:04, Tereza Snyder wrote:

> I tried:
>
>     get libUrlFtpCommand( pCmd, the uServer of me, the uUser of me,
> the uPasswd of me )
>
> where pCmd is "LIST" or "NLIST" or "NLST" or "LS" and all yield
> error messages.

I know you got an answer to how to get a directory listing. But just
for information, libUrlFtpCommand only handles commands that use the
ftp "command socket". While LIST and NLIST are initially sent over the
command socket, to complete they require an additional "data socket"
that handles the actual transfer of data. That in turn requires some
further commands to be sent, as well as opening a data socket to read
from. It quickly gets very messy. Best to use a simple "get url" for
this.

Cheers
Dave