Scripting competition results

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 12 20:42:45 EDT 2009

Jerry-

Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 5:31:30 PM, you wrote:

> Now, to figure out why Brian's Fib code is faster - our algorithms
> were nearly identical and both are pretty tight code. Without, of
> course, my silly field-stuffing.

It isn't, actually. I put lock/unlock screen commands around your code
before timing it, so most of the field update went by unnoticed. But
enough of it still added up to make your algorithm come in at about 55
milliseconds and Brian's at about 35. If you pull the field update out
of yours completely and then just return the value it's actually about
the same total time.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net