LibURL Puzzlement

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Tue May 12 17:04:37 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm using libUrl for the first time, and my first task is to obtain a
list of files in a directory on the server. In terminal, I can log
onto the server via ftp and I can type 'nlist' or 'ls' to obtain a
list of files. I see in the docs that,  "You specify which command to
use with the libURLSetFTPListCommand command." But I don't see where
or how you actually get the list of files using libUrl.

I tried:

      get libUrlFtpCommand( pCmd, the uServer of me, the uUser of me,
the uPasswd of me )

where pCmd is "LIST" or "NLIST" or "NLST" or "LS" and all yield error
messages. Besides, it makes no sense that there should be a
libURLSetFTPListCommand for specifying what kind of list to return
without a corresponding function to actually obtain a list. Right? If
so, what is it?

Is there a sample FTP browser written in Rev that uses libURL that I
can use to get a head start?

-t

--
Tereza Snyder