Quoted or unquoted literals

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue May 12 12:45:38 EDT 2009

René Micout wrote:
> Jacqueline,
> You said yesterday (?) that using synonym like "cd", "btn", "fld" is
> slower than "card", button", "field". That is, I think, an interesting
> problem because I use synonym every time...
> What is the difference (speed) ?

With 100,000 iterations of each "send" command, I tested these two
variations:

get the text of fld "testFld"
get the text of field "testFld"

The results were a little surprising. The abbreviation was faster. On my
machine, 588ms abbreviated, and 654ms without abbreviation. Interesting.
That makes me happy, I use abbreviations all the time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com