uncomment short cut don't work on my mac

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue May 12 12:28:48 EDT 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Devin Asay wrote:
>
>>> Since Rev 3.0 the uncomment shortcut do not works on my mac.
>>> With "apple" "-" I can comment a line in my script.
>>> But "apple" "shift" "_" strikes.
>>> I have to grab my mouse and click at the menu.
>>>
>>> Do anybody knows help?
>>
>> This was a bug in early 3.0 releases. It has been fixed, but to make
>> it work again on your Rev installation you will have to reset the
>> preferences for the script editor. Just go to the Script Editor
>> Preference panel and click Reset Preferences to Defaults. That should
>> fix it.
>
> On my end, I don't believe it's been fixed.  Uncommenting in 3.0 on
> has
> never worked for me.  Annoying, but I've lived with it.

I definitely had to reset the Prefs, actually twice, before it worked.
Some here on the list have actually gone in and deleted the
preferences file, but I can't remember where they said that file is
located.

And it appears I spoke too soon concerning the fix not working with
the comment character set to '#'. I just went back in and tried it
with 3.5 gm-2. and the keyboard shortcut worked perfectly for both the
# and -- settings. So something may have been fixed since the last
time I had tested it.

It might be worth resetting your preferences again, to see if it's
working for you now.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University